The ISBA 2016 organizing committee is seeking candidates for the Doctoral Consortium that will be held in conjunction with ISBA 2016. Eligible candidates include (a) PhD students who will be graduating soon, and (b) researchers who have recently completed their PhD program (after April 2015). The Doctoral Consortium (DC) is a networking event that will offer motivated researchers an opportunity to interact, receive mentoring, and discuss employment opportunities with senior researchers (mentors) in academia and industry. The DC event will consist of a poster presentation and a luncheon. The luncheon will include a panel discussion in which students may ask questions and seek advice from the mentors.
Researchers interested in participating in the doctoral consortium should submit an application (in a single PDF) with the following information:
- Name, university, department, and name of advisor.
- Copy of the researcher’s curriculum vitae.
- PhD graduation date or expected graduation date.
- A one-page statement discussing the researcher’s career goals and indicating whether she/he is seeking a career in academia or industry (this will help in mentor selection).
- Copy of a peer-reviewed and published paper in which the researcher is the first author.
NEW THIS YEAR: Participants of the ISBA 2016 Doctoral Consortium will be considered for the 2016 International Biometrics Internship Program (details to be provided later).
The application should be sent via email to Prof. Kakadiaris at email@example.com as a single PDF attachment.
DC participants will be selected based on the strength of their application. Successful applicants are expected to participate in all DC events. Note that DC participants should inform Prof. Kakadiaris in advance if they cannot attend the conference for any valid reason.
Limited financial support will be provided for researchers who are selected to the
Doctoral Consortium. At this time, the number and size of actual offers of financial
support are contingent upon available funds.
- Application deadline: January 19, 2016
- Notification deadline: January 22, 2016